View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 21:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282.6/273.1/225 Male 6' 3"
BF:34/33/17%
Progress: 16%

I would say that fat people are treated differently and should be, but the extent to which they are mistreated is much greater than it should be.

Racial discrimination is discrimination against something you did not choose and cannot help. However, you can help being fat. If you're fat, its a reflection of you, your habits and your character. If you're fat (and don't have a gland problem), then you've gotten that way, because you were lazy and didn't watch what you ate. I know that's how I got fat. It reflects on you and people saw me as a lazy slob and in many ways...I was.

Now, the level to which they are mistreated is much greater than it should be. I know some people saw me when I was fat and felt I was less motivated than someone that was thin. To some extent, they were right. However, others saw me as a slob, an ugly person and 'below' them. That's not right.

If I was an employer and there were 2 equal candidates for a job, but one was fat and one was thin, I'd choose the thin one. There's just a better chance he'll be more motivated, all other things being equal. Now if the fat person is much more intelligent, has more experience and better references and I still chose the thin one, that's taking it too far.