View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 21:02

Plan: Paleo-Neander
Stats: 178/173/125 Female 5.6 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%

Well I started Atkins a month and a week ago and I didn’t had any Heartburn or Constipation before I started the diet, I was only eating veggies (that could be the reason). But then I started the diet and wow… heartburns, bloated, constipation, a mess, I waited as it seemed that the first weeks you could have few unexpected changes.. but since it wasn’t getting any better, someone told me to stop all dairy products at once.. wow that was like impossible (since I adore cheese).

Anyway I did it and in 3 days it got totally clear. I continue very well for another 3 weeks, my digestion was perfect and then 2 days ago I added more “coconut oil” to my food at the same time I added like 4 Raw garlic cloves to my salads, wow I am in major pain…back again to the heartburn. I blame it to the “Raw Garlic”. I have done some investigations and they say some people are just sensitive to garlic once they cut all the old carbs from the diet. You could stop both and see how you react in 2 or 3 days.

I also have this theory that once you have this heartburn you won’t recover soon if you keep adding a lot of fat, so you might take it easy on the fat for one or two days. Or at least eat the right fats, what cooking oil are you using, some oils in hi-temp, just become toxic to your body and won’t allow your Heartburn to cure or I also found that the coconut oil (perfect choice for cooking) since is saturated is not helping "at this point" to recover from my heartburn.. I might need to help the stomach recover and then add again the fats..

This is like a game of “trial and error” until you get it right for you, I am sure the cheese just won't work for me as so it seems garlic won't either...
good luck, cucu
Sponsored Links