View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 16:32

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Interesting...

Well, Kaillean, to start with the first question, I'm 5 feet 2 inches--and I believe I look best at around 105. I've been 100, 110, 115...and 105 is my favorite. But it's very hard to get to.

Quote: "I wouldn't necessarily cut portions or calories if you feel you need that much to be satisfied. That's the key, IMO. As long as you are not overeating."

The question is, what's overeating? For all I know, I'm eating more than I should be. I don't eat till I feel stuffed, but obviously if I trained myself to eat less, eventually (after the feeling of not having eaten enough died down, over the course of several days) I would feel satisfied with less. It's that interim period that's hard: when you're wanting more and training yourself to be happy with less!

I think your exercise advice is very good. I need to work on feeling less tired, however--which may be the lack of carbs talking. Of course, it could also be that I'm 52, although there are many people with plenty of energy at any age. Even my jogs are harder now--my legs feel heavier, they ache more. I have to stop to walk rapidly more than I used to...that sort of thing. I'm not sure how to fix that. Nelson is trying 2 tablespoons of honey before her workout and she feels that gives her extra energy. I'm not sure about it for me--it'd probably just make me crave carbs and then put weight back on me!

I could up my weights, I think. As for my body fat, I'm not certain about it. I did the calculations offered in the Protein Power book, however, and that gave me 26.67 percent. Seems high to me; I'd prefer around 22 percent.

Anyway, I appreciate the input. Every bit helps me to think about ideas.

Best, Sona