View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 15:53
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Sheesh. I'm no expert. How tall are you? Is it possible your body is telling you you don't need to go lower?

I wouldn't necessarily cut portions or calories if you feel you need that much to be satisfied. That's the key, IMO. As long as you are not overeating.

Some people find they are less hungry if they eat smaller meals.

I work from home, and generally get up around 9AM (Lazy, I know!). I have my breakfast within an hour. I usually have my espresso with cream and Splenda around 12 ish, and then lunch between 1 and 3 pm. I then eat dinner around 8ish. Sometimes I will have a snack at night, but more rarely now.

I will also sometimes have a small carby snack (around 20g, eg. an apple) if I am going to weight lift or do an extended trail ride.

You could maybe try upping your fat a wee bit to see if that helps your satiety.

But really what you're doing looks good.

I'd look at the exercise. Maybe you need a change. Maybe you need to increase your intensity - though not necessarily the length of your workouts.

Many people find the final sculpting and getting the bodies we imagine is not so much a matter of losing weight as lowering body fat. Do you know what yours is? You could experiment with doing an extra weight day and one less cardio. Maybe up your weights a bit?

There is good info on the exercise forum.