View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 14:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Torontogal...I applaud you...I tried atkins and also gained while on induction...I promptly switched plans...good for you for sticking with it.

As for your party...only you can decide what you are going to do...the thing you need to think about tho...is having a plan. Decide what you are going to eat..or drink..give yourself permission to have a glass of wine if that is what you want. Just stop at one. Don't have 2 or 3 if you only planned on one.

Remember that this is a WOL, not a diet...we have heard this over and over again...but it is so true. If you enjoy having an occasional glass of wine when you are not dieting, then you should allow yourself one now. Because all you are really doing is living a healthier life style. IMHO this does not mean giving up life's little pleasures, only watching that life's little pleasures does not turn into "the out of control" lives we were leading before.

After reviewing what I have just wrote...I question what I have said now due to the fact that you are on induction. Perhaps some may disagree with me. But I know that if it were me. I would do just as I advised, because whether we have been at this LC thing for years or just beginners, it is forever, so we must incorporate it into our daily routines. We all know that this time of year is difficult. I think it always will be, so best to have a plan. Even if we get through this without a weight loss...without a gain in its self will be a great accomplishment. At least for me.

Good luck to you at your party...have fun...and relax...no matter what you decide is best for you.