View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 18:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/247/160 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 21%

I can totally understand the fear of losing weight. There are some people who compliment with only kindness in mind and others who you know are mentioning your weight loss with a tinge of bitterness. My mother in law is one example. She is not paricularly overweight (maybe 20 lbs) but she hates to see me successful at weight loss and has even told me that I am not capable of losing weight on my own and should consider gastric bypass (knowing full well I will not do that and therefore trying to convince me that I am destined to be overweight forever as an agenda to keep her own pride in tact).

When I do lose weight she eyeballs me up and down and then, with an intense glare on her face, will say something to me like "So you've lost weight, have you? You look...better." I dont know if I am just percieving her resentment or if it is really there. When she demands to know what I am doing to lose weight and I tell her the criticism is endless.In her opinion low carbing is no good, weight lifting is no good, biking is no good, etc, etc. So now when I lose weight again I plan to tell her I have no idea how the weight is coming off, I must have one of those funky flu's or something and then shrug and walk away.