View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 15:50

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%

Many people eat like "pigs" because it's been hyped into their brains that low-fat, low-calorie, you can eat all you want! Add to that hours of food commercials on tv, and no one has to wonder why we became such a food-obsessed society. We supersize everything, if a little is good, much more is better! More More More! Ever see what people buy at the store, cafeteria, fast food restaurant?

I stood in line at my cafeteria at work today with my big salad, the woman next to me had TWO grilled cheese w/bacon sandwiches, TWO servings of Chips, and a chocolate bar. She had to be upwards of 300lbs, nothing healthy, and I'd be willing to bet she pays lots of visits to the free soda supplied by my company and to the vending machine for more snacks.....

I said it before, companies are freaking out that the low-cal, low-fat crap that's killing us by the millions are not being bought, so they will have a low-carb version of every single item true low-carbers should be staying away from. Mark my words, the store shelves will be so filled with the crap, they'll have to get bigger stores! They also see that many people out for a quick fix will pay ANYTHING for these low-carb products. $6 for 4 pieces of ice cream snack? $8.00 for a 4-pack of low-carb shakes? Unbelievable!

This is an insult to Dr. Atkins, who never would have wanted all this crap food with HIS name on it. He endorsed eating REAL foods, real eggs, meat, cheese, vegetables and some fruits. Not this, not this madness, it's insane............

LL