View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 15:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/138/130 Female 5'4"
BF:?/27%/15% maybe?
Progress: 79%

Oooh. That sounds good. I may have to try that. I wonder if I can just buy black soybeans at the regular grocery store. It never even occurred to me that there would be some way to have them again until I ran across that site when I was looking for the liquid splenda. I may have to try that. We used to make "poor man's bean dip" with a small block of velveeta cheese and a can of chili all smushed up. I know that sounds gross but it was pretty good. I grew up on velveeta toasted cheese sandwiches so I'm kinda used to it. The only time I've ever bought it was to do the dip idea. Now that I'm grown up I would rather have my toasted cheese made with extra sharp cheddar. (I don't think I've had a toasted cheese sandwich since I was a child cuz it bugs me so much now). I actually don't like processed cheese very much at all now. Anyways...I will let you know if my folks come..right now I have no clue what their plans are yet.
As far as Twilightz's remarks...I don't eat soybeans because of the media's blitz on how healthy they are for you. My reason stems mainly from food allergies. I can't eat too much in the way of dairy products (as a matter of fact I had soy formula as a baby due to a bad milk allergy) and that's one reason why I'd rather have the quality cheeses now. If I'm going to eat it, which isn't too often anymore, it better be worth it. It usually gets my asthma going and results in a sinus infection if I have much. So to avoid the problems it was giving me I found ways to do alot of cooking with soymilk. Then when my children had various food allergies I had to stay away from peanut butter , milk , and wheat so I got pretty used to substituting weird ingredients to do my baking etc. I have alot of strange things around like Xanthum gum etc. just from doing that. That's probably why LCing isn't so bad to me, it's just more substituting and experimenting to get things to come out palatable. Anyways,,,thanks for the post but for our family soy is a good thing that I'm very thankful to have around. Annie