View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 20:59

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Radio coverage?

Today, Steve Wright in the Afternoon, on Radio 2, featured Rosemary Conley, the proprietor of a British low fat, high carb diet. This woman is already amazingly successful and wealthy, from her nationwide network of slimming clubs, books, magazines and videos. She is one of the major forces of the commercial diet industry in Britain today. But her interview amounted to brazen nationwide publicity in the UK and a ringing endorsement by Steve Wright of her diet, books, slimming clubs, etc etc. During the interview, Steve Wright specifically asked her about low-carbohydrate diets, and she dismissed them as an irrelevancy. I have contacted the programme, and told them that if the BBC is to honour its tradition of impartiality, fairness and balance, Steve Wright will have to let me go onto his programme and rectify the wrong impression given by Rosemary Conley, and to put the case for low-carbing. I have made the most powerful case I can to be given the right to reply. If I am successful, you might all hear me yet (even if you haven't seen me to date) but if I am not successful, I might come back to call on you all to lobby the BBC for fair play. Why should someone be allowed to go on national radio and rubbish our way of eating and living, without giving us the chance to explain and rectify the situation, and give our view of it?

Andy
Sponsored Links