View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 04:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

I'm on antidepressants, too (Zoloft) and it hasn't affected my weight loss, I don't think. It's going slower than it has for me in the past but I think my age and the fact that I've done it before (it's how I lose my pregnancy weight...just had baby #5 three months ago) play a role. I know that some AD meds do interfere, though, so that might be something to ask your doc. You might need to switch brands. Before I would be so quick to blame the meds, though, I would suggest you do the full 2-week induction and see how it goes. If you've only given Atkins 4 days in the past, you really haven't tried it. It takes the full two weeks to detox from the sugar and really get going. I know that first week is tough, but I promise, once you get through it you will feel awesome. The cravings really do go away (I survivied having 20 boxes of Girl Scout cookies in my house without feeling the urge to cheat!). You CAN do this. Just make up your mind that you're going to follow the book to the letter for two weeks. You can do anything for 14 days. Plan to give yourself some reward (not food...maybe a pedicure or something you wouldn't normally do for yourself) for making it through. If you don't feel better and don't like the results after that, fine...move on to something else. I seriously doubt that will happen, though. I have yet to meet someone who has done the diet correctly and didn't love it after induction.

Good luck!