View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 19:17

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%
Default Weigh-ins

I started changing the way I eat back in February/March. That's when I began to weigh myself on my mum's scale every week and a half. Hardly ever weighed myself before that.

Finally bought my own scale in late August.

Since then, I weigh-in twice a day. First thing in AM right after potty. And again last thing at night right after potty.

I have found it very helpful to track my weight on a daily basis because I can see a downward trend, albeit very slowly, as the months go by. I see how some foods (particularly "cheat" carbohydrates) affect me and I can also see how my monthly cycles affect what the scale says.

I think it's important to me to see what the scale says because for me it has been a very slow process (27.5 lbs in nine months) and at present my inches lost are minute as well. I like to see that I am "holding" while it comes off at a snail's pace.

I think when I finally hit my goal (which for me is 110 lbs or being able to fit into my old clothes--whichever comes first) weighing on a daily basis will help me decide what I can add back into my menu of foods w/o making me gain back all the fat I've lost.

Should say though, that because I am noticing how certain foods affect how I feel (moods, health, etc) that will determine what I will be able to add back into my menu for variety and spice (I.e. would like to have the occasional brown rice, speghetti and corn on the cob).