View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 00:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/169/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I am going to need some support, anyone on antidepressants?

I finally know what they mean by YO YO diets. I feel like i have been bouncing back and forth for 2 years now. I go to Curves at least 3 times a week, I am pretty active as well. I have joined and quite weightwatchers way to many times this year alone. I did give Atkins a shot for about 4 day's and I have tried South Beach and so on and so on.
I am still on antidepressants for post partum depression from 2 years ago. I do know that they can play a major role in weight gain, but the pro's of living anxiety free outweigh the cons of my weight by far. I have talked to my Dr and she feels that low carb is going to be the only answer for me. The girlfriend i go to weightwatchers with is having the same problem as me, but insists that we continue and not give up. I don't want to give up on anything, I just want something to work.
I gained 60 lbs in my pregnancy then lost all of it from my depression after. Now since then at least 30 of it has crept back up. I don't fit in any of my clothes and I feel crappy.
I am so scared that i will not do Atkins right and i will gain..
I have to admit i like to have a beer or 2 every night, and i am not sure how i will do at giving that up. I also own a candy business, so i have chocolate in front of me 24/7.
I have read the book, I do want this to work. I am just having a hard time re programing my mint off the low fat!
Is there anyone here on antidepressants, will this still work for me?
How do I stick to this and stay away from other plans, I could change my diet weekly..lol
I know that sugar is my biggest problem, I get mega cravings. I also do have binges, where i feel that i already cheated so "who cares"
I just want to make it through the first 2 weeks!
Help Please!!!
Sponsored Links