#7   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 17:49

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groggy60
When my little boy was 2.75 years old, he had his first exposure to chocolate in a big way. It was amazing to see how he started boucing off the walls after he ate a fair amount of chocolate. It was more than a little obvious that it was the chocolate and not the situation that made him go hyper. I often wonder when people make such comments if they actually have children themselves.

My son, right from day 1, was probably the most laid back and happy child ever born. He just loved to laugh. And he'd rather site still than crawl around, etc.

On the morning of his first birthday party his sister (3 1/2) got up early and fed him the icing and candy decorations off his cake! It was a big 1/2 sheet cake....and she scooped off most of the edge...a little bit of cake, but mostly frosting. They both ate it, not just him, but he was the only one with a reaction.

When I went in to get him he looked like he was on speed! He was bouncing up and down, his eyes were wild looking, and he was screaming and yelling. Initially he was laughing, almost uncontrolably, then he started crying and carrying on....for several hours! When he finally crashed he slept for several hours, and was cranky all the rest of the day.

No....sugar has NO EFFECT on kids! Not at all!

Like the article said "it is common knowledge as reported by parents, teachers and other experts that children become hyperactive after they eat candy and other sugary foods" It's common knowledge because it's true....at least with some kids.