View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 13:27

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

I'm sorry to disagree, but this is a personal opinion.

I prefer to plod along slowly, whether it be on the scale or the tape measure.

I didn't gain this overnight, and I'm not going to likely lose it any faster (and then, perhaps I will - depends on how my body decides to respond).

HOWEVER, I WILL NOT take anything that is supposed to hasten the weight loss in the form of a pill or formula. There are a number of reasons:

I prefer not to take anything unnatural that I don't know the long term effects of doing so.

My skin is stretched sufficiently from the extra weight, and losing slowly, hopefully will encourage the skin to also tighten back to where it should be, rather than being left with excess skin flaps.

However, you are entitled to your opinion, and the options that are available to you, if your speedy weight loss is more important to you than the patience required to just keep plodding along as a lifestyle change.

--------
Edited to add:

Contrary to other people's experiences, and perhaps the reason I am so "mellow" about the weight loss progression - I am one of the few who started this WOL for the health benefits strictly. I really didn't even think about weight loss, which is why I didn't even weigh or measure until three months into it.

That is not to say that I have not enjoyed my decrease in poundage, and it probably has added to the health benefits, too - but I was delusional enough to think I "wasn't that much" overweight.