#13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 12:41
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile hi Lorena

Karen has given some good advice. Maybe it's time to give the old routine a Shake UP or Shake Down, whatever

According to your profile, you've lost over 130 lbs in a year, and now are gaining some weight back. If your current weight is 187, which the profile shows, this means you actually got down to 167 ... meaning your loss totalled over 150 lbs in a single year by following Atkins program. That's a lot of weight to lose in such a short time either way. It would be normal for your body to want and NEED a break, and sometimes it will "go on holiday" even though you're still eating the same way. And every time you cut back or go on a fast of some kind .. whether it's ultra lowcarb fat fast, or a protein fast .. your body will think you're trying to starve it, and will adapt by slowing down.

The solution may be as simple as switching programs. In fact, my opinion is that Atkins has stopped working for you, if you truly are doing everything correctly. YOur body has adapted itself to the Atkins way of eating, and weight and fat loss has halted. So ... CHANGE!!! Do something new, shock your fat cells into moving again. SWITCH PROGRAMS!! CHANGE CHANNELS!!

You're in a rut, get yerself out of it girl! You can do it.

I recommend you try Protein Power ... the original version, published in 1995 (paperback in 1996). I bet you can borrow a copy from the library. It's a low-carb program similar to Atkins in some ways, but they encourage you to eat more high-fiber foods, vegetables and a little low carb fruit. REad the book thoroughly ... they will answer ALL of your questions. They will tell you how to calculate the correct amount of protein for YOU. They tell you how many carbs to have at each meal and snack. They give you 2 weeks' worth of menu suggestions, and recipes.

It just might be the change you need

Doreen