View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 12:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 132/130/115 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 12%
Lightbulb Has anyone watched the movie 'THIN'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinniMJB
Hey! I am in a similar situation (in that I hate dealing with compliments), I actually posted something similar on another support forum and I got bashed. My issues deal mostly with insecurity about my weight. Someone even told me to get over being a wall-flower and enjoy the compliments. However, I am not a wallflower at all and have always been very outgoing, I just don't like the comments about my weight!!!!

I'm very out-going and I'm the 'rah, rah, rah' person of the group,
however, I don't like being in the personal spotlight. I feel you, skinniMJB!

Many ppl here feel it's great to be complimented and take it as a win. More power to them, but it's very narrow minded to think that it's about 'lightening up' or 'being some wall flower'.

It's just like when people say 'Go on a diet' or 'stop feeling sorry for yourself', it doesn't resolve the issue, right?

This is an insecurity I feel needs to be addressed and support that needs to be given.

The movie THIN (I think this is the name of the movie) is the best portryal of a small town man who goes from very obese to very thin and the people who witness his weightloss.
I cried when he looked in the mirror and no longer recognized himself!
It's not all about image, it's how you feel in your body. Changes like this can take such an adverse affect if your not prepared!

For me, it's b/c I know the personalities of the people I work with for sometime.

Certain ppl are genuine and they don't ask me 5x a week how the eatings going or pull on my pant waist (I'm not joking) to see how many inches are missing.