View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 10:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 132/130/115 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 12%

I agree with the comment about Atkins and when someone corners me on it.

The common response I get sounds like I did something horrible, like eat their kids pet rabbit.

"ATKINS, nooo that's bad..."

Well, I've gotten around the whole Q/A about what I'm doing to look better. Wanna know?

When someone asks me either 'How's the diet?' or 'What diet are you on?'

I say either 'What diet?' and laugh or 'I'm just eating the right stuff lately'

One girl in another office is doing LCing (south beach) and she
looking good. I told her about my deliema and she gave me some fighting words.

Here's the slice of advice:

'When someone says 'You look great' or 'Hows the diet',
turn it around with HUMOR. Tell them, 'You look great too' or answer with a question like 'The diet's good, how about yours? '

They may not know how you feel about these kind of questions or how to support you. The best way is to let them know how you feel personally.
She told me ppl clue in usually and see that it is impersonal to ask, if they don't get the hint, empower them by saying
:

'Let's talk about something else rather then the diet. Seems thats all anyone wants to talk about is me. Say how are you doing?' How are the kids?'

DON'T add any additional stress to yourself or your diet. You are in control, not them. If it is persistant and it's more like harassment or lack of couth, either avoid them completely OR just ask them 'So when I was bigger, why didn't you compliment me then?

Take the heat off yourself. This is coming from a lawyer who has lost 23 pounds!