View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 10:09
Out of service...

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/205.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 18%

I bought the Heinz one carb ketchup in Winnipeg at a store called "Low Carb Connection" that also does online sales. http://www.lowcarbconnection.org/index.htm
I asked the guy working there why they didn't have to comply with bilingual packaging, and he told me that if the product doesn't have very many ingredients, they aren't required to have both languages, which is a load of bull if you ask me. My guess is he's going down to the US, buying it and reselling it at a price that will reserve him a warm seat in the afterlife, if you catch my drift. I saw that ketchup in North Dakota for $1.99us last weekend, and he's selling it for $5.99 a bottle. They don't list the Heinz on their website either, even though he told me that he is selling 30 bottles a day of it, which only convinces me further that they aren't supposed to be selling it. If you want it and aren't close to the US border, I would drop them a line or call and ask them to sell it to you even though it's not on the website.
BTW, that ketchup is amazing, and I was happy to pay the $6 for it. Now hopefully this guy doesn't get caught and have to stop carrying it...

Jenn