View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 08:43

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 232.8/210/185 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Explain, Explain, Explain

Do you guys ever get just tired of explaining the lc thing and it falling on deaf ears? My mom is just flabbergasted by my decision to lc. She doesnt nag, but occassionally the topic comes up and I realize how totally confused she is. The funny thing is, she will say she tried Atkins and couldnt make it a week w/o the bread. Did she read the book...NO! I am not sure what she was doing, but it wasnt my LC Atkins. She said last night "But you eat no carbs, right?" Here we go again, I thought to myself. What you have to understand is that she has some grasp of carbs. My stepdad is a diabetic and has to figure his insulin based on his carb intake. No matter how much I talk about it, they dont get the real connection. After 25 yrs of diabetes, he has had a heart attack, bypass surgery, stroke, eye damage, kidney damage, high blood pressure. You name it, he has it. I think, with the kidney damage, it may be too late for him to lc, but I just want them to understand it all...the connections between the weight, insulin, health problems, etc. But...I can explain it all over and over and a week later we are right back to where we started: "But you eat no carbs, right?" My mom is overweight, my 1/2 sister is overweight...I just dont want them to suffer the same fate as my stepdad. However, they cannot comprehend a life with no bread or potatoes!! I remember what that was like, but from the outside looking in now, it seems so sad. I know I cant make them do it, but wow...there is not a potato or bread in the world worth the problems and the life my stepdad has created for himself!
I guess I will continue to explain and hope that one day they will hear me!
Sponsored Links