View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 08:39

Plan: meat and meat by-products
Stats: 270/191/150 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Cucu,

First of all, I know English is not your native language, so I'm not criticizing you here. I just want to make a correction so as to help you improve your English. The verb is "lose" not "loose." "Loose" is an adjective which means the opposite of "tight."

I was the one who said that olive oil may make it difficult to lose weight. That's because it contains long chain fatty acids. The same would logically follow for flax oil. Coconut oil and other saturated fats contain medium and short chain fatty acids. It doesn't look like a tablespoon of olive oil is too much, but I guess it depends on how many salads you eat. My personal feeling is that the flax seeds are not necessary at this point and that between the coconut oil and the meat you are getting sufficient fat. I'm not a big fan of flax seeds--if you're concerned about getting enough omega-3 EPA and DHA my preference is cod liver oil. Others may disagree.

Two other things occurred to me. First, what time do you go to bed at night and how much sleep do you get?

Second, you might want to do a Atkins-type induction (severely limit carbs) to try to jump start your weight loss.

How about posting exactly what you're eating for each meal and someone may spot something.

Howard