View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 07:30
Registered Member

Plan: Zone first, now just lowcarb my own way
Stats: 145/145/145 Male 166cm
BF:
Progress:

Don't know about you all, but from the mental big picture I've gathered in my head through reading about nutrition for a few years now, I rather tax my system with sugar than possibly poison it with frankensweeteners.

Atleast with things like honey, real sugar (beet sugar? cane sugar? someone enlighten me what the brown less refined sugar is called in English) and such I know quite well what I'm ingesting. Frankensweeteners however ...

Also, although none of the lowcarb'ed stuff is available here in Finland, I'm iffy on breads and other grainproducts, whether lowcarb or not. Unless I'm mistaken, both soy-based ingredients and glutein are quite big parts of how they are accomplishing lower carb grainproducts. And neither of them gets the thumbs up from me. The soy issue has been tackled every once in a while here, and keliac disease is caused by glutein, and it is not a rare disease. It is even thought to be vastly underdiagnosed, and lesser not so obvious symptoms of it might even be not realized in the medical field yet.

Of course, in small doses I doubt (and hope) they are not that bad, and the human body can cope with them. Thus as novelty items, I don't have a big problem with them. As replacing real food I draw the line at, like many others here seem to also do.