View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 23:51

Plan: Paleo-Neander
Stats: 178/173/125 Female 5.6 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Farewell Olive Oil for Cooking..!!!!, and Goodbye Olive Oil for Salads?

My diet journey has become more clean every day and feeling more "alive" at the same time. The left items I took out where Pork rings and mayo. Now is time to talk about Olive Oil for my salads. I totally stopped the Olive Oil for cooking (as we already point out in other posts) and use only Coconut butter/oil as the official oil for cooking. But now I can see that Olive Oil on my salad might indeed stop me from loosing.

My normal dressing is this:
1 tbs Olive oil
1 tbs lemon or Ginger fresh juice
1 clove of raw garlic
some part of a Yolk egg
Pepper
Little almost none “Celtic Salt”

I am willing to eat my salad without oils for a while until I get my body starting on loosing weight, or does anybody here do Flax Seed oil instead?

The next concern is about my diet becoming Low-Fat not by trying but just by the fact that I don’t eat nuts at this point.

i.e.

Morning eggs in coconut oil
Lunch meat fry in coconut oil
Dinner Fatty meat fry in coconut oil
Salads (with oil?)
Flax seed Seeds fresh grind

The eggs do absorb the whole coconut oil lets just say that I put 1 spoon of this coconut oil in my fry pan and the whole oil will be added into the egg itself This will be a total of 100 fat calories in it coming just from fat.
With my meats, then is different as they only absorb like half of the spoon, this equals like only 50 cal. from fat coming from the coconut, this is extra fat from the already meat selected.

1. My daily intake of Fat% a day will come up only arround 55% depending on the quality of my meat, this is more PaleoDiet without me trying to eat lean meat. I assumed my fat intake might be low because I am not eating any nuts at this point in the diet in order to accelerate loosing weight.

2. Now you can see why if I stop the olive oil in my salad, this might lower even more my numbers, so what is it? Olive oil in the salad dressing or none? At the end what will stop me from loosing less fat in my day or the fact that little part of that fat come from olive oil?
If I forget about PaleoDiet book or NeanderThin approach and go with my instinc of what must have been the way they truly ate back then, I don’t think they had oils for the salads/veggies, or oils to cook their food, I might believed they used the fat from the animal they kill and totally enjoy more that part of the animal, but I don’t think they where saying.. push yourself to more fat more fat more fat, wouldn’t the body should talk to us and say; this is enough amout of fat I feel full we are fine… whatever number this will come up.. ( as long as we are not talking “avoiding” fats)

Why have I become like “worry” about not having a lot of fat in my meals? I don’t want to do something that a month from today people will say… well dear “cucu” the problem this second month you didn’t lost another pound was because you didn’t had enough fat in your diet…lol

As you can see I have been a month here in the forum and not one pound off, so you can understand why I am so picky at this point… any comments?, ideas?
Sponsored Links