#11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 06:19

Plan: Low Carb/VSG
Stats: 347/173/200 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 118%
Default Hmm...I disagree....

Mags,

I understand what you're saying, BUT I REFUSE to give weight loss advice to someone who doesn't need to lose weight. I'm not like the average person...I will not sit here and buy into this politically correct GARBAGE that states that I shouldn't tell another person what's right for him/her. If Luxy had anorexia nervosa or bulimia, would it be right for us to give her advice on how to lose that extra 10 lbs? TRUST ME, I wish I didn't have 100lbs to lose, but I DO.....it's not about me DISCRIMINATING against her by ANY means! This is about HEALTH. It is JUST as unhealthy for her to be TRYING to lose 10 lbs on a 115lb, 5'4" tall body than it is for me to be carrying an extra 100 lbs on my body...and NO, I'm not going to apologize---she has LOW SELF-ESTEEM. I challenge anyone on this board to disagree with me. Anyone at that weight and that height IS NOT OVERWEIGHT. If she feels that she has to lose 10 lbs, it's not for a health reason, it's because she's NOT HAPPY WITH HERSELF.

I wish I could help Luxy, but I can't. Perhaps if we were to band together and educate her, she may realize that she's healthy and fit and doesn't need to lose weight. If she was just following the WOE, it wouldn't be a point of concern--but she wants to lose weight and FAST....

It's PRETTY unfortunate that in a world full of supermodels and actresses that promote unhealthy body image, we have to stoop to the same level of ridiculousness, just because it's "politically correct".