View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-05-01, 19:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hi all,

Wow am I ever hearing negative stuff on this Atkins WOE. Makes me a bit concerned! I'm still reading the book, but now have cut out potatoes, bread and some veggies that are high on carb.

Even when I read here on the posts. I find myself feeling a bit concerned when I hear someone say. Hi, I'm new here, I was on Atkins or one of those WOE programs (can't remember all of them). I have been diagnosed with(some kind of problem) and want to start up again.
Did this diet cause problems to them yrs ago?

I have mentioned this diet to a few people in these last few days and I am getting such negative responses! They say it Causes kidney problems and people get diagnosed with new problems.

Is it best to go to the doctors first before starting on this diet? Yet I read on this, that some doctors aren't into Atkins either? Goodness, sounds like a catch 22 doesn't it?

I also read on suppliements. Is there really a need for this stuff? If so what kind are helpful? Then there is a blocker for carbs? Does the blocker really work, if one doesn't abuse them? Is there any side effects?

I also heard where some have fallen off the wagon. Why would falling of the wagon happen if the book says your cravings go away? Makes me think, "Oh no, here we go another diet that I will possibly fail on"! Sorry WOE, as some of you like to call it and I too if I can truly feel this isn't dangerous!

I'm sorry its just that I felt so positive when I first fell into this site, thinking yes, finally something that is healthy and will work. This Dr. Atkins WOE sounded so postive.

Then when you get such negative responses from friends that you know, and trust me..they diet off and on through the years, you must question this so called danger they talk about?

Although I have been over weight after kids, and yes I still use that as an excuse even though they are now 18 and 20 yrs old. I have always been healthy. God forbid I go on this WOE and eat all this meat and something happens to my kidneys or I get diagnosed with something new???

Am I just stressed out folks????

Wendy