View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 23:14

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress: 0%

Luxy, I agree with Doreen's advice that you should explore some of the other LC plans such as The Zone which might be better suited for you and your low-fat food preferences. I also agree that your deadline is a bad idea, because I've learnt the hard way that if you're serious about losing weight and keeping it off then it's going to have to be a life-time commitment.
Curvy, I disagree with the advice you gave Luxy because I don't think anyone has the right to tell another person that they have a self-esteem disorder and shouldn't be dieting. It's a pretty major judgement to make on someone you don't know much about. I don't think assumptions should be made about people that have a smaller amount of weight to lose than others. I, for example, only have 10 pounds to lose and I know that my weight loss might not be taken as seriously as someone who is 100 pounds overweight. However 10 pounds of excess fat on a short person with a small frame is 10 very obvious pounds. I think that it is up to each one of us to get to know our bodies well enough to make an informed decision about our ideal weight - nobody should do it for us.