View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 18:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/183/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Women with Hulk legs--what happened??

I have been working out in a gym for about 1 month now and have noticed that my legs00especially upper thigh and area around above my knees(!!) are getting bigger! I am a female, age 40, 204 pounds and I would have thought my legs would get smaller as I work out. Admittedly I have only been Atkin-izing (is that the word?) for a couple of days, but religiously in the gym for a month almost every day. I really enjoy it which is why I do it most days. Its not an effort to get there. (Never thought I would say that)..

My legs are getting really hard, I can actually see muscle above my knees and the skin feels tight. My tricepts are squeezing the back of my legs. I can feel a definate increase in strength, but I really wanted to get the thunderthights SLIMMER, not muscular!

What am I doing or not doing? I really believed that if I, a female, worked out with weights I wouldn't get bulked up. Is this beginners anxiety or am I slated to be the Hulk this time next year.

Any ideas or suggestions??

PS-- I leg press about 210lbs, leg curl about 60, squat (no weights) and eliptical train 3x/week for 30 mins max.

Thanks for any help...

YR
Sponsored Links