View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 14:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/161/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

Hey! I am in a similar situation (in that I hate dealing with compliments), I actually posted something similar on another support forum and I got bashed. My issues deal mostly with insecurity about my weight. Someone even told me to get over being a wall-flower and enjoy the compliments. However, I am not a wallflower at all and have always been very outgoing, I just don't like the comments about my weight!!!! I work in a hospital and see tons of people all the time, but sometimes I won't see them for a week or two. Lately, If this happens, they are like "hey you have lost more weight since the last time I saw you!" One physical therapy girl stopping me walking down the hall, and demanded "how much weight have you lost!". I have numerous stories of people noticing...
Listen, you have nothing to do with their failures and you don't sound like you are purposefully flaunting. Don't try to convert them to low-carb. The plan isn't for everyone, and if they aren't motivated to change, they won't. Even on our plan that we know will work!!!
I too have "failed" a diet in the past because I couldn't stand everyone talking about my weight loss, and I know it was insecurity.
So this time, I am taking the comments in stride (really trying too) and I have made a firm resolve to not let what anyone says effect what I am doing. I am also very vague with my answers. This helps out alot. With people like the PT girl who demand how much weight i have lost, I say something like "oh about 15 pounds and I have been working out alot..."
Only with a few select "close co-workers" know that I do low carb. I am not ashamed to be following this WOL. The reason I do this is because I don't want everyone and their brother putting in their .02 about my way of life.
Good luck, hold your head high and don't worry about the failures of others...as momma always said, "only worry about you!"