Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Re: Derailing?

Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
Hi Ruth,
Everybody has to do things the way they think will work for them. I didn't "derail" because I ate pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. I am back on track and have lost since then!!! As I said I didn't PIG out, like I would have before this WOL. But I understand if that's how you feel you need to do it. I am successful, but I do allow splurges every so often. When I first started this I figured I would allow myself one time a month to eat something carby...

Hi Victoria,

It is great that you allow yourself a splurge on selected occasions and then can get right back to your LC program with no difficulty. I wish I had the control to splurge and then get back on track. The only splurge I ever gave myself, a margarita, I regretted because of the strong carb cravings I had for a day. Lack of control over portions/food selections/cravings is how I became morbidly obese in the first place; splurges and treats are too risky for ME.

I did not intend to give offense to you or anyone who splurges or allows themselves treats; if it works for you, great. I was responding to the original question from Patti, 'Does anyone else out there have a holiday PLAN?' Maybe I should have made that clearer in my first post. Live and learn, I guess.

Take care,