#1   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 13:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300.5/299.5/180 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 1%
Post Jumping in with both feet....

I am going to quit smoking too. I figured if I am no longer going to allow myself to be ruled by food, why should I be ruled by cigarettes. I was a half hearted smoker anyway, so I am just going to be done with them.

This is day 9 of my Atkins induction. As I think I said before I have done Atkins in the past (also halfheartedly), but this time is different. I have NO appetite and NO cravings. People around me eating cake and ice cream...I don't care. French fries....I don't care. Such an odd feeling. I don't even care about eating one way or the other. I don't obsess about when the next time I eat will be, and I don't daydream about it. In fact I have to MAKE myself eat.

I read the thread about starvation mode and it almost put me into a panic. I have been keeping track of what I have been putting into my mouth in fitday and saw that if I ate only when hungry and stopped when full that I hit about 800-1000 calories. So I have been trying to throw in a thing or two to bring the calories up enough. I have heard your not supposed to have the Atkins shakes on induction but it's the only thing I can get down my throat in the morning, so that is what I use for breakfast. The last thing I want to do is have my body think it is starving.

I am glad that I am not the only one with the no appetite issue. It was starting to worry me. But I won't worry about it. I will just make myself eat three times a day.

Cathy
Sponsored Links