Old Tue, May-18-04, 12:00
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 120/108/97 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress: 52%

Originally posted by Lisa N:

Quote:
Here's a thought for you: maybe you were in ketosis but you weren't losing any weight because a) you were keeping your carbs way too low or b) your body was lacking in protein before and was using the new adequate amounts to rebuild muscle and make repairs or c) your body already thinks it's AT a good weight and doesn't want you to lose any more. It could even be a combination of all 3. I would think it a rare person who could be consuming ultra low amounts of carbs (well below 20 grams per day) and not be in ketosis even if they aren't losing weight.
If the latter is the case, then excercise and toning will get you the results you are looking for; a smaller, leaner body without any further weight loss.
Any way you look at it, it's going to take effort and commitment to get any further results.

Maybe so but like i said before, i never felt it. I also made many mistakes like eatin way too much proteins and very few healthy fats, drinking little water, and not having any veggies at all...i avoided ALL CARBS. I have a better understanding now and i can diet better than before, this WOE is great and the Forum even better . I would have kept makin those mistakes if i hadn't come up here and found out about them so i'm glad i found this site
Sponsored Links