#1   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 11:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/162/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default Family getting interested...

I'm down 24 pounds so far (havent yet updated my stats) and my family and in-laws are becoming quite interested in low-carbing. My mother, 2 aunts, and mother & father-law all could lose a fair amount of weight and have been watching my progress with interest. My mother-in-law went out and bought the Atkins book and my mother and aunt started another low-carb diet 2 days ago. Kinda funny how differently people look at low-carbing when the see it in action. They all used to think it was about all meat, no veggies, and that it was a fairly gross (and not healthy) concept in general. Now they've seen/heard how I eat and what I eat, and they're intrigued. Be interesting to see how they do. I'll tell ya...I only tried it after seeing someone else's results and I did some research. Since then, I've done great with it and consider it my way of life now. My husband asked how long I though I stay with Atkins...and I told him "forever". I'm convinced that it works (obviously) and it doesnt feel like a "diet"...so why would I go back to eating all the things that gave me trouble in the first place?" He smiled and told me he thinks it's great that I'm feeling good about myself and enjoying everything about getting my body where I want it to be. Just thought I'd share.
Sponsored Links