View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, May-01-01, 11:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Patti,

Congratulations on your weight loss. That is more than 1 person in weight you've lost & I'm enormously impressed.

Mood swings ... gee I get those all the time, especially when I don't get enough sleep, like in the last 2 weeks. Are you getting enough rest?

Karen got it just right, I'm sure we are not the only ones who identify with emotional eating. (That's probably how most of us got to where we are in terms of weight). I've been lurking on several list sites lately & can't remember where I read this information, but basically carbs will contribute to an increase of serotonin in the brain.
Low serotonin is the culprit of most clinical depression, and eating sweets & other carbs ups serotonin & consequently we feel better. Low serotonin.... tears, etc.

I'm on anti-depressant meds & with IBS I find some days that the meds don't stay in my body long enough to be truly effective. Real bummer (pardon the bad pun). I can deal with being weepy as long as I know what is the cause... IBS symptoms. When I'm feeling like a basket case & don't know why, that's when I get bothered.... thinking "What's the matter with me? Of course I'm probably suffering a wee bit without my usual sugar fix HTH Ruth

You might want to try having some carbs with each meal & or a snack. I love Mozzarella string cheese that are individually wrapped... very portable & delicious.

Well, that's my 2 cents worth. Keep up the great losing!

Ruth