View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 08:28

Plan: PPLP
Stats: 181/171/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 18%

I know exactly how you feel, I go through the same stuff. However, my problems with food started way before low carb. I've been allergic to dairy for most of my adult life and you cant imagine how hard it is to go to a dinner party and not become the center of attention due to not being able to eat anything. Soooo much stuff is cooked in butter its not funny. Not only does the focus of every meal turn to you, but then occasionally a host/hostess gets upset that you cant eat what they made.. like my allergy was a personal insult or something.

Now its even worse with the low carb on top of the food allergy.. I try to just joke about it and say that I'm impossible to feed so it takes pressure off everyone. I'm happy with just about anything I can eat in those situations and will occasionally cheat to not make a big issue out of things, especially when they go out of their way to make something they think I can eat but they dont realize that honey glaze isnt low carb.

I think maybe I'll start a tradition of bringing a salad to dinners so I can always have something to eat.