View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 21:27

Plan: Candida Elimination Diet
Stats: 130/110/115 Female 66 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 133%
Default SIBO Vivonex Protocol

Hey Chris, By the way, Dr. Pimental (and Dr. Henry Lin) were the doctors whose advice I was using to get rid of the SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) so yes, I tried what you were at least considering trying. It worked great for me on my bacterial overgrowth problem. And my Leaky Gut stuff is gone too -- as I mentioned in the long (sorry!) reply above. The Vivonex made me feel like a hummingbird and the three weeks were BORING but I managed to keep about my same weight. There are probably other things better but at least the Vivonex has tons of Glutamine in it. That's what your colon walls need to repair themselves. (That's also why I swear by BioInflammatory Plus by the BioGenesis Company. I still take it.) So while I've wondered if a simple fast might have been better (if I could afford to lose the calories,) I read that your colon walls want to feel at least something going through pretty often because it somehow works to help repair the colon microvilli that have been "mown off" by all the inflammation caused by IBS. AIDS patients use Vivonex to help get throught the "wasting" period and that's where I got my best information about Vivonex -- AIDS sites.