View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 12:49

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Our society is over-processed!!!

Isn't it just a sign of our times? I had a neighbor kid in my kitchen last night while I was cooking dinner. He was impressed that I cooked things from scratch...his family buys alot of convenience foods. I make things from scratch because it's healthier, but also it's usually less expensive than already made foods. The grocery stores are only trying to give the customers what they want. We get to vote with our dollar too. The whole world is convinced that low-fat everything is the way to go to lose weight or even just to be healthy. We have all been brainwashed!!!! Thank God for all the folks that have researched and written books and articles to prove otherwise. It has made a real difference in my life. But I still struggle with all the low fat brainwashing I have learned all my life. Don't you feel like your brain has had to do flips to accept that you need to eat fat? I can grasp the low carb thing easier than eating more fat thing. I have been eating "low fat" since I was young. So when I realized I could eat real mayo and real dressing, it was a revelation!!! Look at all that I had been missing for so long!!! Trying to lose weight with all the low fat stuff that was full of sugar, and making me hold onto the fat. I'm glad that I finally figured it out and now I'm worse than a new convert!!! I hope my friends and family don't get sick of my enthusiasm. Victoria