Old Mon, May-17-04, 17:52
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 120/108/97 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress: 52%

Originally posted by Built:

Quote:
Everything you eat can glycolyze, or turn into glucose. Carbs do this quickly, proteins less so, and fats extremely slowly - it takes a LOT of energy for your body to turn dietary fat into glucose. If you eat a lot of protein, but little fat, your body will glycolyze the protein. This will stimulate an insulin response - you will feel hunger, and your body will store the glycolyzed protein as FAT.
Ketosis diets rely on the ability of fat to slow down this process. For most people, about 60-70% of cals must come from fat on a low-carb diet to prevent the body from glycolyzing the protein. By doing this, you force the body into a fat-burning energy system rather than a sugar-burning energy system.

Eat whatever protein you want - just make sure you fatty it up. Mayonnaise, avocados, olive oil, butter, macadamias, bacon, natural peanut butter (yes it matters), coconut milk (the canned stuff - AWESOME in sauces), heavy whipping cream, full-fat sour cream, chunky blue cheese ranch dressing, brie - these are all great fat choices to help boost your daily fat consumption. ALSO, take supplemental fish oil caps. I take 6 grams a day (6 caps) and you can take more. Omega 3. Helps the body drop fat.

Built i'm having a hard time getting into a fat-burning mode. I have tried eating lots of proteins and fats and it didn't worked!!....It all went into glucose I did ate lots of mayo and mustard but i don't think that was enough. Now i know that I have to add more fat to it, i got to "fatty it up" like you said. Just today i cheated again and had watermelon(i'm still eatin it now ) I can resist candies and other sweets but i just can't resist fruits especially watermelons, its my fav fruit. And especially now that's everywhere cos its their season down here in FL. There's at least one guy selling watermelons almost in every corner, they are huge and sell 2 for $5...cheap too!