#4   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 14:41

Plan: BFL
Stats: 167/162/167 Male 6'3
BF:13%/10.4%/10%
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johng
I’m not “picking on” BFL specifically – but ask yourself, isn’t this the case with almost every diet program? You buy the book/program and then you’re told that you have to buy all this other stuff to make the program work; pills, bars, powders, drinks, etc, etc. Is all this stuff really necessary? I say it most certainly is not!
Contrary to what some people believe, I AM NOT “anti-supplements.” It’s more correct to say that I am “pro-whole foods” (although I am certainly against unproven, rip off supplements). I believe in proven supplements for “insurance” purposes, such as a daily multi vitamin and essential fatty acids, (2) for convenience purposes (meal replacements and protein powder), and (3) on rare occasion, a legitimate natural product emerges which really does enhance performance (such as creatine). I’ve used these products myself and recommend them to my clients on occasion.

I think an important point is made that not one workout/eating plan works for everyone, and you have to investigate until you find one that works for you.

The BFL book does not in anyway say you HAVE to buy x,y,z supplements to make it happen. Bill himself in the book says (page 121) he only uses myoplex (Meal Replacement shakes) and Betagen (creatine) and that is it, nothing else. Bill is doing exactly what was highlighted in points 2 and 3 above. What I don't like about articles like this is that they have to disrepect others to get their point across, products should stand on their own merits and not just take a dig at others. I consider some of the stuff in the article to be misinformation and unless you investigate for yourself you may just end up believing it.