Old Mon, May-17-04, 13:50
Out of service...

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/205.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikie
....I am so frustrated. I have not moved on the scale or body measurements in 4 weeks. Much more of this and I will go back to eating carbs. I mean if I am not losing I might as well eat the bad stuff, right?

Hi, I'm so glad you came here for help!
First off, you can make your own sf jello with splenda, using knox unflavoured gelatin, an envelope of unsweetened koolaid and splenda. For my tastes, I used a cup of splenda to 2 packs of gelatin in 4 cups of water. Just use the same directions as regular jello (let me know if you want more specific instructions, that's no problem). You may want to taste it and sweeten it to your liking. Regular sf jello could very well stall you.
Everyone is different, as you'll see around this forum. You've been on Atkins for 6 weeks, and Lily's advice is very good for induction. Are you still wanting to do induction or are you looking to add in new foods and move into owl? I did a clean induction for the first 4 weeks, then started to add in other things. You should go back to clean induction eating, and if you are wanting to try putting in new foods, then add them in one at a time so that if something is stalling you, you can figure out what it is exactly. Keeping a fitday journal is a great idea too, because there are people on this forum who can look at your fitday and give great advice based on that information.
Now, as to your quote above... I have to tell you I would answer a resounding "NO!" to the question. The 10 pounds you lost would return, and I'm sure you already know that when you lose some pounds, they go out and make friends, which they will bring back with them if you let them come home. Also, is that weight loss truly the only benefit you've found? Are you enjoying any other positives? For me, I've tried very hard to keep the weight loss as the strawberry on top of this woe. I'm healthier, my test results from the doctor have proven it. I have WAY more energy, especially since I've started working out in the last few weeks. Most importantly for me.... well second to my health anyway.... I'M IN CONTROL. I don't have to feel like a weak, spineless, fat woman anymore. I decide what I eat, and I'm loving that feeling more than the pounds & inches gone. My weight loss in terms of pounds has been VERY slow, but I wouldn't give up this woe, because it's about more than that.
If you've read DANDR, then you should know that this is a lifestyle, it's forever. If you are prepared to accept that, then slow weight loss shouldn't discourage you so much that you are prepared to give up this WOE. If you haven't accepted it, you should know that if you get to goal and start eating a carb heavy diet again, you will gain it back.
Best of luck to you!

Jenn