View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 10:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/159/135
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking I'm a Happy Turtle

I finally broke through and lost 2 lbs last week. That's 5 altogether for my first month on induction. I had to start monitoring my carbs (under 20/day) and calories (2000/day) very carefully, but it seems to have worked. OTOH, I had a stressful day yesterday and nearly doubled my usual amount of carbs. So now I have to see how that affects things in the next few days. Plus today I have my first "eating out" experience at a luncheon with friends. Have to see how that goes. But I'm determined to get right back on track with this WOE.

My partner has picked it up from me and keeps telling me how much better he feels! It's causing him to make big changes in his lifestyle, too,which is great. He's drinking less cola and actually cooking and eating a sit-down breakfast, which he never did before, and has cut out all sugary stuff. He's been free of tension headaches and has a lot more energy. Plus he says he knows when he's hungry now, as opposed to just snacking out of habit. He keeps thanking me for starting this!

Coquina
"Slow is Better"