#6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 10:19

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Unhappy Derailing?

Hi Ruth,
Everybody has to do things the way they think will work for them. I didn't "derail" because I ate pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. I am back on track and have lost since then!!! As I said I didn't PIG out, like I would have before this WOL. But I understand if that's how you feel you need to do it. I am successful, but I do allow splurges every so often. When I first started this I figured I would allow myself one time a month to eat something carby...My first splurge I went to a Mexican restaurant and had rice and beans...then I forgot to take my splurge days because I was so focused on this WOE. So when Thanksgiving came along I splurged in a very controlled way...to me that is victory. I can live with it for a way of life. I am very balanced in the way I approach this. If I am wanting something healthy like carrots, that I normally wouldn't eat because of the carbs---I will allow myself a few baby carrots along with my meal. The main thing that has brought about the weight loss for me is getting rid of the huge quantities of bread and sweets I was existing on before.
Like I said before, I have a long way to go...I don't want to burn out before I get there. I am comfortable to lose weight gradually and in a healthy manner. Victoria