View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-01-01, 08:29

Plan:
Stats: 286/254/148
BF:
Progress:

Patti

You are really inspirational and courageous and its interesting to read about your 'journey'. I've been doing this a month as well and find that it is effective and easy enough to do.

I have experienced hugely much more energy since beginning and a much more assertive frame of mind. However I too have been getting steadily more 'emotional' and nearly wigged out today when the baby just wouldnt go to bed. I feel a bit tetchy a lot of the time and respond to stress much worse than normal.

I dont think that its an emotional thing because although I am a comfort eater, I havent felt deprived and the one or two really upsetting occurences have not even vaguely sent me running for my comfort food. Which absolutely it would have previously resulted in a few alcoholic drinks and a pig out on sugary stuff.

I've been beginning to wonder whether its some kind of vitamin deficiency (maybe B vitamins??) , whether this woe has some subtle effect on the neurotransmitters in the brain (which some are more sensitive too than others) or for me as I have a 60 carb limit, whether it is because I am not getting my carb release evenly enough and my body still experiences highs and lows.

Also in your case - could it be too little food or too little carbs?? One of these worthies who are lurking, must have some ideas on this

(Be interesting to see who arrives as a 'worthy'!!!)
And if you do jump in - is cheese whey powder the same as whey protein???

Nicola