View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 19:17
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. B's 6-12-12
Stats: 275/228/185 Male 70.5 inches
BF:N/A
Progress: 52%

If you are diabetic the first priority is control of your blood sugars...or at least it is for me. Without control you will never have the stability in your blood chemsitry that make other tasks possible. If you are having blood sugars in excess of 200/11.1 you are being damaged. You can't see it but it's there just under the skin and at that BG level you can bet it's having a blast.

I would restart the meds. One at a time, glucophage first. You might not have add back all you were taking before. Glucophage can actually encourage weight loss in the diabetic. When you have your blood under control you can turn to other things...like weight loss.

You answered your own question too. When you were taking your meds and eating 20 carbs a day your blood sugars were excellent. I've been LCing for 4 months now and have only dipped a stik twice..once I got color...once I didn't...I knew something was going on tho because I've lost about 25 lbs. in that time, got an excellent lipid panel back and the last A1c was 5.3. If my blood sugars weren't controlled and I tried to lose weight on lnsulin I don't think it would happen. What I find interesting about the process is that the limited carbs that do so much to contribute to blood sugar control also put us in the metabolic state to lose weight. After that all you gotta do is juggle diet with exercise until you find your spot.

Good Luck....