#3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 20:30

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink Holiday strategies

Hey Patti and Alto,
I wasn't too hard on myself...I chose what I was going to splurge on. I allowed myself pumpkin pie and a very small portion of mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. I made sure I had a good portion of salad along with my turkey. But I knew I would resent it if I didn't have pumpkin pie--my favorite. I knew I could resist stuffing so I didn't have any. So I knew I would be back on track the next day...but I didn't PIG out. The next day I gave any leftover sweets to my daughter's friend...she may have thought I was being nice. I was guarding myself from temptation.
Now for Christmas--my Mom will be here. She loves going for walks and getting a frozen yogurt. I will go for one with her, but I've already decided I would get a very small one that's sugar-free. Just so I can share the experience with her and not ruin my WOE. She's on Weight Watcher's and very supportive of my efforts. I think by that time we will be able to enjoy walking together, much more than before because I am being more active now. I can't wait!!! I have alot to lose, so I have to pace myself and figure out what I can live with for the long haul...so I'm thrilled that I have so much more control than I ever had. But I know my weaknesses and have to guard against them.... Victoria