View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 13:45

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Nopie....I agree with everything you say. But are these the numbers they're accepting?

I'm a RN...graduated over 25 yrs ago. I was taught to "treat" patients with diabetes....now they "manage" them....and there's a BIG difference in the two.

I tried to explain this to my sister.....If you're lactose intolerant, you dont' eat lactose.....if you're allergic to peanuts you dont' eat them....if you can't tolerate gluten you can't eat regular bread (do they even MAKE gluten-free bread anymore?)....BUT when you're glusoce intolerant, you keep eating gluocse? Makes NO SENSE to me at all!

She has no signs of kiney damage, or eye damage. No problems with circulation, CAD, etc. She's also survivied 2 bouts of cancer.

I know the major difference between treating patients in the past and managing them today is that they dont' try to get "normal" blood sugars.....but aren't they even trying to get close to normal? If she WASN'T on meds, she'd be put on them with numbers that high, so why are those numbers considered acceptable?

She is NOT a non-compliant patient.....not by any means....she's actually one of those people that think they're docs are always right and follows instructions to the letter.

I just don't get it!