View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 12:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/163/120 Female 64 in.
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Calling all experts!

I haven't posted here in months, because I'm so embarrassed and frustrated with myself. I began Atkins in July 2003, lost 20 lbs. in the first 2 months, and 10 more lbs. over the following 2 months for a total of 30. Now I've been playing with the same 5 lbs.(150-155) since Thanksgiving because of my old habits. I am 20 lbs. to goal and our summer vacation is 5 weeks away starting on June 19. Here's the BIG question: Can a person conceivably lose 20 lbs. in 5 weeks? Is this a pipe dream? I have done the Atkins fat fast on only two occasions for really big carb overloads (as opposed to my regular small cheats which have kept me stuck at 150-I'll stall somewhere around 40-50 g carbs). The fat fast was superb for taking off the extra water weight, and I wouldn't gain when transitioning back into induction and as long as I stayed there. Excess weight only happened when I would get near the 40-50 mark again. What I was thinking about was eating only meats, eggs, and cheese until the vacation. I am not a huge fan of the fat fast because of the lack of true meals. I DO love my veggies, and have practically become a gourmet chef at preparing most any of them. I've eaten healthy since last year and I feel great, I just need to get the last few off. I would be willing to give up the greens if it would help speed things along. I know some people around town here who started Atkins, not really knowing what they were doing, and dropped ALL their weight quickly by eating this way. If I continue my supplements (I take all the recommended ones) should this be "doable" and safe within a 5 week time frame ?

I guess I should mention that for the past month I have upped the exercise to 6 days a week from 3 previously. I walk 4 miles in 1 hour M,W,F and do the Firm Body Sculpt and Ab Sculpt on T,Th,Sat. My shape has changed tremendously, and friends and family thought I had already lost the rest. Nope. Still stuck at 150!!!

I don't use LC treats anymore, and all I drink is water. I know I'm not stalled; that's not what I'm asking. I'm wondering if I cut the carbs WAY low, and don't cheat at all if this might be attainable.

Need lots of feedback on this one ... somebody please give me something to go on here!
Sponsored Links