#5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 18:56
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Is the PPL book the newer version of PP? I can't figure out which version of PP I have from the dates on the inside cover.
Sort of .. (aren't I helpful??)

Protein Power was originally published in 1995 (paperback in '96). It is the plan you'd choose for weight and fat loss.

Protein Power Lifeplan is their followup book, pub. last year, and the p.b. came out this past summer. This book is less concerned about weight reduction specifically, and more about healthy eating for LIFE. It goes into great detail about insulin-resistance, cholesterol problems, leaky-gut syndrome .. and paleolithic eating principles. It's a bit higher in carbs than the original PP. I have and love both books. The original PP plan is what I follow for my weight loss ... the PP Lifeplan is what I hope to achieve for lifetime maintenance. But the information and research in PPLifeplan is much more up-to-date and more thorough than their earlier book, and Atkins for sure. I recommend them as companions

Dr. Atkins will be releasing a new book on December 4th. Supposedly it will be less defending his program and less informercial style ... and more science, research and health topics discussed. Now where have we heard this before??

Doreen