View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 06:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/300/175 Female 5 "8"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Startin Induction TODAY! (H E L P)

Ok here goes... was doing soooooooo good when i started induction last August.. By Christmas i was down 45 pounds... Since then i have been "playing" around.
I don't feel good , tired, blah blah blah.

I just have this... negativity this time like i didn't have before. Maybe cuz i "went off it" so i am thinking it doesn't work.. You know all the past things we tell ourselves from past failures. But i know it does as i did it before.
It was me who said... "lets let things slide during Christmas".. Well this is May and i am still sliding.

My thought right now is... that it is so much easier to grab what i want.. that being.. pizza, hot dogs, pastas etc. . YA,YA,YA,,... i know.. that stuff is what is making me fat. But with 4 ppl to cook for and them not liking "vegetables/salads and protien" it makes it tuff.

I have a young boy (6) who will not eat vegetables unless they are cut up fine in mashed potatoes. He too needs to cut down. But to get him to eat protein and vegetables would be tuff with out his potatoes. He wont eat salads and so lunch time meal for him is a sandwich or bagel etc.
Dont say.. well he will eat what you put in front of him in time. NO HE WONT.. we have done this and when he tries cucumbers, salad, or plain veggies he literally starts to gag and throws up. I am hoping in time he "grows out of this"

My daughter needs to do this too but I am so sick and tired of watching her , eat her "atkins" meal with her nose turned up and to find she is "sneaking foods" at other places etc. I keep telling her if you are not going to do this then say so cuz i am not going to pay the price of veggies and salads and take the time to prepare them etc if you are not doing this behind my back as well ( she is 12)..... I have found her lunches that i make for her in a bag in her locker days later. I think she should be losing when she isn't eating but she obviously is sneaking stuff elsewhere.

So i guess with her going against me and seeing how easier it is to have the things we love I am really feeling that "it isn't going to happen" again.. BUT for myself i need too.

Any suggestions with "kick starting" myself into gear?
Do many of you write out what your going to have for meals so many days in advance?
Other then salads..... vegetables are a tough one other then the standards Broccoli, cauliflower.
Any help with .. side dishes to go with the "protien" at meals would be helpfull.

And of course since i have not been doing great i hear from people, "well just as well cuz the fat and protien from Atkins, you will probably have heart problems down the road"....... So that starts making me wonder.

I will say.. when my daughter and i do induction and did induction we were on it for 4 months straight... and since when we start it back up we start with induction of course and never really go off it as we feel we need the induction faze longer due to the amount of weight to lose. Atkins hotline said we can stay on it for 6 months .
Do you guys recommend not to be on it that long due to , "getting bored" with it?
For me i have so much to lose that i am thinking that is the only way.

Anyway..just being very negative on myself and wondered if any of you could... SMARTEN ME UP
Sponsored Links