View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 19:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 432/370/220 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Passed My First Big Test !!!

Well my youngest son turned 4 on friday...My X wife was gonna have a party for him friday night....dinner..than cake and presents...well never being one that had much will power I was scared of screwing up my diet....Plus the Woman is one of the best country cooking cooks I have ever seen...I had to work Friday night so I took the easy way out...Dropped of his presents during the day and told her I couldnt be there because of work...
About 7 oclock I called to talk to Joe and wish him a happy birthday...Dag gum little fella...all he kept saying was you coming to my party Dad...over and over...Who could say no to this...NOT ME....I blew off work and headed that way....When I got there she was serving up dinner to my older sons and some friends...Fried Chicken....Mashed taters....Homemade Biscuts and gravy...I did good ate a chicken breast minus all the good crunchy stuff a few green beans and a glass of water instead of sweet tea or beer...Than came the hard part...she brought out a HUGE!!! Ice cream cake 3 layers soft icing...ice cream...devels food...sat it in front of me put 4 candles in it and fired it up....I was ok untill she started cuting pieces of it....Iam a sucker for sweets...I wanted to grab the whole cake and run off with it stuffing my face with it hollering HA HA HA HA....Well beleive it or not I just sit there putting toys together for Joe and playing with them with him....Every one kept saying how good it was you need to try it....I just said no thanks...after a few times they guit and I had a great time the rest of the night..
Looking back on it here is my take on it...If I had been on a regular Low fat low calorie diet I probably would have eaten everything there and a huge piece of cake and said tommorow is another day...But being on Atkins you are forced to make a harder decision...The amount of time and Effort it takes to go thru induction and get Ketosis going...Is it worth it to blow it for one piece of cake....My answer was NO!!!
Well today I was rewarded....I weighed in at 395 thats eight more pounds I have lost...a total of 37 lbs since April 20,2004...Say goodbye to 400+ forever I hope....I know I will slow down soon but untill it does Iam basicly staying on the Induction about 20 grams a day...usualy two meals a day with salad stuff for carbs...A walker shake...and one or two Atkins Advantage bars a day.....after the second week even bought a half gallon of Carb Options Chocolete Peanut butter....Its so good I felt like I was cheating everytime I had some....Have stayed In Ketosis the whole Time....Big John
Sponsored Links