View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 14:48
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Do yourself an ENORMOUS favour and try to avoid anything but natural foods for your two week Induction.

The purpose of Induction is to free you of cravings and get you into fat burning mode, as quickly as possible (ketosis). Ketosis will immediately curb your appetite and make it 500% easier to stay on plan following Induction. And we all know sticking with a diet is the key to success.

Artificial sweetners of any kind can interfere with this process. You are never really "cleaning out" your system. You never really have an opportunity to assess how eating whole foods makes you feel or affects your weight loss.

It's only 2 weeks. I know it seems like a long time now, but if you eat clean you will be amazed how much, and how quickly, your tastes change and your cravings for certain foods subsides.

Not to mention which, a clean Induction can mean the difference between losing 3 lbs or losing 10 lbs. I followed the book to the letter (no caffeine, no sweetners, nothing not on the approved list) and I lost 12.5 lbs.

There is no better motivation for going the distance than seeing those pounds drop off fast in the beginning.

Give yourself the best chance! You deserve it.