View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 13:04

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%
Default YES

every time there is food offered, that is not in my lc way, one of my girls always says, "no, mama's on a diet." i get so frustrated, and try to explain it to them. here goes: mama's not on a "diet". i eat what ever i CHOOSE to eat. i have read a lot of information from dr. who have done tests that tell us that sugar and starches are not good for a healthy body. i remind them about when i quit smoking and how that was my CHOICE. i decided i wanted to do something healthy. i also try to explain that when i eat sugar, it makes me want more, which makes me cranky, which means we can't do fun things because i'm in a bad mood!

the ages are 4,5,and 8, so i'm sure one of them gets something every time i have to go through this discussion. i've tried talking to them just about choices and deciding what is right for you (meaning each person). just because someone else decides to do something, doesn’t mean it's right for me, and vise versa.

my main objective everyday when i wake up, is to set the best example for them that i can. i want to be the best role model i can be. i want to make mistakes, learn from them, and move on. kids understand so much more than we realize. oh, i could go on for days.

i love my girls more than i loved myself for the first 30 years of my life. they are amazing, and being a better person, and loving myself has brought me the greatest joy i have ever experienced.

Regards
brenda